Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Smash Your Idols

BY our inner design, our soul is always worshipping.

The question is, “Who?”

When I sin, I don’t stop worshipping. I just worship another god. For example, when I fall into selfish behavior, I stop worshipping God and start worshipping myself and my insecurities-- because ultimately, all selfishness is a profound lack of trust in God. When I fall into greed, I start worshipping money and my fears. When I fall into sexual sin, I stop worshipping God and start worshipping pleasure and, usually, my inner pain --because sexual addiction is seeking an anaesthesia for my inner pain.

The problem with worshipping false gods is that they absolutely do nothing for their worshippers except give them false expectations. Isaiah 44:9 says, Some people make idols, but they are worth nothing. People treasure them, but they are useless.

Today, I invite you to smash your false gods.

How? Worship God. Worship God with your all. Turn your heart towards the true God—the only God that can truly bless us!

You’ll be led by none other than Rev. Fr. Joseph Skelton, one of the most gifted worship leaders I’ve ever met.

Have a fantastic Feast.

May your dreams come true,

BO SANCHEZ

P.S. Next Sunday, we start our brand new series, Get Rid of Your Negatives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment