Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Suffering? .... God will make everything right!

Even when i was young, I decided that i would determine my career path. I dreamt of being a General Manager by the age of 35. To achieve that , I pursued my masters degree right after graduation and by the grace of God I was on track with my dream.
Well, not exactly ... I missed my GM stint by 2 years! It wasn't really that bad...

Anyway, when i was 50 years old, I looked at my future retirement and i realized that i had no plan in sight. I went into prayer and found myself inclined towards farming instead of the related businesses in my corporate world. SO the further my interest, i went to all the seminars and trainings related to farming. I was happy. My heart was at peace.

Years passed and finally I was able to retire in  2005. I got myself a handsome retirement and with haste I got myself into the farming business, but instead of starting small I started big. In two years, I planted 220 hectares of rice and corn in Tarlac. I put a downpayment for a 2 hectares of farm and rented another 5 hectares. After two years, i lost everything I invested!

Then my suffering began ....

I asked myself and God what happened. Clearly, it was a case of greed where I wanted to do everything all at once that led to some misguided actions. I ended up with my house mortgaged with the bank, all my credit cards suspended , and having no work to go back to.

The worst suffering was not on me but on Zenaida, my wife, who can't imagine how I've squandered our retirement fund. The idea of us losing our home was just too much for her to bear. It was really the lowest part of my life. I lost everthing i had and even the reality of losing Zenaida was just unthinkable.

I went to prayer and i admitted to God my greed. Eventually, God showed me a small business that I started with only 35,000. It was selling fruits and vegetables. I re-started that business and in one year we made P10M in sales.

That's when i realized that grieving over my mistakes would do me no good because God can always bless me even with the very little that i have left. I just had to trust in Him!

Truly, God will make everything right. In time of suffering, call on Him...

Rudy Mallari
The Feast Bacoor 143
I love GOD & I love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment