Friday, October 21, 2011

GOD INVITES YOU TO TRUST


If you’re breathing, then you’ve got problems.

If you’re not breathing, then you don’t have problems. I do.
(Help! Zombies!)Problems are part of life. But that’s okay.
You’ve heard me say this a lot of times before, because it’s my core belief: In every
problem, there’s a blessing. In every trial, there’s a treasure.

Jesus said, “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”

God Feels Your Pain More Than You Do

One day, when my nephew Marco was a small boy, he had a freak fall. He suffered a deep gash on his head. His father, Abel, held his son as the doctor was stitching the gaping wound.

Naturally, the small boy was crying and struggling. But his father couldn’t do anything but hold him firmly. Little Marco couldn’t understand why his Daddy was allowing this doctor to hurt him.

So in his agony, he screamed, “I hate you, Dad! I hate you!” The words stung his father’s heart.

But with tears, Abel kept embracing his son and said, “This will only be for a minute.Trust me!” If you are grieving right now, understand that God is grieving with you. He feels your pain – much more than you feel yours.

You won’t read this in any theology book, but this is my theory: That God feels your pain a zillion times more. Why? Because He loves you a zillion times more than you love yourself. That’s why.

0 comments:

Post a Comment