Thursday, October 20, 2011

BROKEN FOR OTHERS


I dread silence, it’s deafening. That’s why I filled up my life with activities, academics and addictions. I didn't want to hear the noise inside me. So I thought of coming to the
LoveLife retreat. My walls crumbled with it. I took that big step to just be fragile, to let go and to admit to God, "I retreat doing this battle on my own, I need you Lord". The cry of my soul can no longer be contained that I wailed like a child in front of many for the first time in my life. Before, I don't know how to cry. I resorted either to vomiting or punishing myself.

Growing up abused was one hell of a ride. But I was able to look into the eye of the monster and declare victory because I didn't do it alone. I did it with God and my spiritual family around. My batch mates and I will declare that yes we are wounded but our wounds are being healed. We will be sharing our brokenness so that others will also be whole again.

written by Jo Zerrudo
Makati Feaster

0 comments:

Post a Comment