Sunday, October 16, 2011

Have a HAPPYTUDE

Happytude.
Happy-tude.
Happy-Attitude.

When my wife and I got married, I had one simple request – every morning before we get up from bed, I wanted us to start the day with a smile, a hug and praises to God for His goodness. Yes, even before we get into traffic, ramble off the things we need to accomplish or achieve, or even before we face our anticipated busy day - we already decide to be happy.

A lot of us think that happiness is getting what we want. “And if I just got that thing that I want… I will be happy.” Or “If only things will go as how I planned it… I will be happy.”

The problem there is, our earthly desires will never end, and another problem is that we don’t always get what we want at the exact time we want it. Therefore, if our happiness is based on this, a lot of us might as well be domed to sadness.

So, let me tell you a secret: Happiness is an attitude not a result.

Don’t wait for that promotion to be happy.
Don’t wait for that bag, or shoe, or shirt to be happy.
Don’t wait for that handsome guy or pretty girl to be happy.
Don’t wait for that new car or house and lot to be happy.

You can decide to be happy now.
And believe me, that decision really does result in an awesome life.

Over the next four weeks, we will learn the secrets of happiness: being open,
hopeful, pure and peaceful. I promise you, if you embrace these four attitudes,
you’ll be living awesomely by the end of this series.

Have a great time today!

George Tolentino Gabriel
BGC Feast Builder

0 comments:

Post a Comment