Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy To Be Laid Off From Work


I still remember the day when our department head called me in her office. She wasn’t happy. Her words were calculating as she said, “Our company needs to downsize, and unfortunately, we feel that the responsibilities of your position can be absorbed by your immediate supervisor. We need to let you go.”

I said, “Thank You!” It wasn’t a sarcastic remark. I was genuinely thankful that I was being laid off. Our department head was amused with my reaction and even said that of all the people she had to lay off, I was the only one who thanked her.

A few months before that incident, I kept praying to God to guide me on what to do. I was just starting my family and felt really guilty leaving my two young kids to go to work. I prayed that I want   >> view complete article

0 comments:

Post a Comment